WHAT NOT TO DO ON WHATSAPP!!
1. Don’t change your display photo more than 3 times in one day – we know you might be newly speaking to someone and you wanna give them a slide show of what they could have but you have an Instagram for that – chiiilllllllllll
2. Don’t leave your blue ticks off (GUILTY) – there’s nothing more annoying that not knowing if someone’s opened the message or not – we need to assess whether we’ve over stepped the mark or not and whether or not we’re being ignored on purpose
3. Don’t send 800 voicenotes all in one go (guilty) – try to keep your lil finger on the button for the whole duration of your voicenote so that we can flick between other apps whilst listening
4. Don’t be offended if someone leaves a group chat
5. DON’T. SEND. QUESTION. MARKS. ? – It’s rude ? ? and it kinda makes you wanna continue ignoring them ? ??????? (Or is that just me)
6. DON’T. ASK. QUESTIONS. THEN. SEND. A. SEPARATE. KISS. AFTER. x – If our blue ticks are on – you’ve conned us into opening your message because of that extra kiss (and yes there are ways of opening the message without the blue ticks being shown but lets just save the agg?)
7. Don’t accidentally send the screenshot to the wrong person
8. Don’t send 92828474 messages in separate lines (GUILTY), try and summarise the message all in one sentence or a few at most
SUMMARY OF WHATSAPP ETIQUETTE
1. Do leave your blue ticks on – we get it – we can’t always respond to messages throughout the day but at least if we can see you’ve read it or not makes us feel better
2. If you do choose to open our message (and we know because of rule 1) just reply to it
3. Do send emojis to help express yourself – using no emojis can seem quite robotic and because texting is toneless it can make a sentence come across so differently
4. Do crop the person’s name out when you send a screenshot to someone – sending screenshots of conversations are always going to be out of context so its more considerate this way..
5. Do try to make your voice notes 1 minute or less – anything longer will probably get ignored for hours until they have time to spare which is probably never because they’ll forget
If you enjoyed this post then be sure to check out all posts in ‘ENTERTAINMENT‘