The daily life in the eyes of a tall person.
OMG – Oh my god
AF – As fu*k (A phrase inserted after any adjective to make it stronger.)
BFF – Best friend forever
I have many people say to me “OMG I would love to be your height” and then you have the people who are like “OMG you’re sooooooooo tall!!!” like I’m a full-blown freak of nature. Come on guys, us giants have feelings too.
When I was younger I hated my height, but as I have gotten older and grown (literally) more confident, I have learnt to embrace it… I’m not going to pretend I love it though.
So here’s a little insight into the life of being a ‘little’ taller than average.
- Yes I know I’m tall! Thanks for telling me though….. It’s been a day or so since someone informed me.
- You are known as, and always will be known as the tall one.
- Children and their honesty have the power to send you from normal to beetroot (very red-faced) in 2 seconds flat. Don’t you just love kids?!
- You never stand up normal height in a photo with your cute AF 5ft 4 friends; you are always hiding at the back with your legs bending.
- Before even considering a guy for a date your imidiate respsonse is ‘How tall is he’
- The shortest men always fancy you out of all your friends – You are afraid to internet date because of this.
- Men are intimidated by you.
- People stare at you…a lot!
- There is nothing cute about your size 7 feet, and everyone will ask what size your clown feet are and gasp when you tell them.
- Shoe shopping is probably one of your least favourite things in life.
- Trainers are your BFF
- YOU DO NOT WEAR KITTEN HEELS, but your friends will say you do and bully you for it for the rest of your life.
- ASOS tall section is the greatest thing that has ever happened to you.
- You have, or will probably walk down the aisle as a bridesmaid in a dress that’s 2 inches too short for you.
- What shoes do you wear on a date? Like seriously?
- The cropped jeans trend was one of your favourite, easiest to buy trends of the 21st century.
- You grew up with your mum constantly telling you to stand straight “don’t hunch your shoulders” and be proud of your height. Easier said than done huns.
- You can’t wear a yellow dress… humans are mean and will call you big bird.